Thursday, April 25, 2019
Charleston’s Great Outdoors!
Guest Blogger: Holly Ryaan
As one of the top cities to explore in the United States, Charleston and its surrounding areas have a lot to offer its residents and visitors. Between the rich culture, shopping, dining, and the shore, Charleston has a lot to offer, to say the least. With the spring season upon us and the summer approaching, the sun is warming up this beautiful city. It’s time to embrace the weather and explore some of Charleston’s most beautiful outdoor locations. Featured below are some of the top outdoor locations that visitors and residents alike love about Chucktown. Next time you’re looking for a way to occupy a sunny day, check out this list for a day of exploration!
- Battery Park & White Point Garden- As one of Charleston’s most well known and beloved spots, it offers a waterfront view that is not only beautiful, but historic as well. Between the harbor on one side and the antebellum Charleston mansions on the other, the views are sure to entertain. The park was named after it’s historic past as the spot for a civil war coastal artillery battery. Located downtown, these battlegrounds are worth spending your day exploring.
- Cypress Gardens- Check out one of South Carolina’s most beautiful swamp gardens, famous in many movies including, The Notebook, The Patriot, and Cold Mountain. As such a memorable and breathtaking view, the gardens even serve as a wedding venue! The gardens offer swamp boat adventure rides, walking trails, a swamparium, and a splendid butterfly house for visitors to see. General admission for adults is $10, with seven days a week availability.
- Sullivan’s Island- Located in Charleston county, Sullivan’s Island is a beautiful destination that’s great for either a weekend getaway or just a day trip. Kayaking, sailing, fishing, paddleboarding, or even just relaxing and enjoying the view of the lighthouse and beach will leave you content at Sullivan’s Island. With restaurants and shops lining the area, there’s always something to do at this prime destination.
- James Island County Park- If you’re really looking to embrace the great outdoors, James Island County Park is a great place to check out. Along with a full campground site, the 643-acres offer much room for adventure through biking, fishing, and enjoying the park’s on site waterpark. This park hosts events throughout the year, including the annual Lowcountry Cajun Festival which will be held on April 7 this year from 12-6 pm offering cajun food, culture, and fun activities!
- Charleston Riverdogs- Along with the spring season comes the return of America’s favorite past-time, baseball. If you’re looking to catch a baseball game, the Charleston Riverdogs minor league baseball team offers a fun night out for families, couples, and everyone in between! The energy at the stadium is always lively with the team’s Director of Fun, Bill Murray, ensuring every game is fun and memorable. Tickets are affordable and kids can eat for free on Sunday game days!
Overall, these are just a few of the many great things to check out in the Charleston area. If you’re a resident, consider yourself lucky to call this beautiful place home, and if you’re a visitor, you’ll never experience anything short of beauty, adventure, and amusement in Charleston!
Interested in selling in Charleston? Visit: www.843value.com
Interested in buying or selling in Columbia? Visit: www.SeeColumbiaHouses.com
Interested in buying or selling in Greenville? Visit: www.SeeGreenvilleHouses.com
Interested in renting a home? Visit: www.RentHolyCity.com
Interested in selling for quick cash? Visit: www.TitanHomeBuyers.com
Want your Jeffstimate? Visit: www.JeffSellMineToo.com
Jeff Cook Real Estate
Charleston | Columbia | Greenville